Monday, January 28, 2008

No Luck

Over the holidays I met a really good guy online. He responded to an ad I had posted about looking for the one. He was so floored, he wrote a great response back.

We exchanged a few emails; then we exchanged our numbers and eventually spoke on the phone. Our first conversation was great. It lasted about 40 minutes. He seemed so engaged and we seem to see eye to eye on a number of things.

Our schedules didn't mesh, so we eventually arranged a date. I met him up in his neighborhood. We ate and spoke about various things. And at the end, he gave me a hug and said next time we'd meet in my hood for dinner.

A week passed, no call. I finally emailed him; we set up a date. Then he canceled because something came up with his friend. I haven't contacted him since. I assumed since he canceled that he'd call to set up a new date. It's been about 3 weeks; no call or emails.

I'm a little bit saddened. He seemed to be so interesting, engaging, and with a good head on his shoulders. And he seemed interested. Alas, he does not appear to be anymore. I had thought that going after an older guy I could avoid these head games. After all, they're experienced at dating, and chances are they are done with games. I stand corrected!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home