Sunday, August 13, 2006

Mid-Career Crisis

Am I in the right career?

This past weekend, I visited with a friend in another city. He's a photographer by training and a newspaper art director by trade. He's in between jobs right now, and we got to talking about his new direction. And somewhere in the midst of our conversation, I had a moment of crisis: Am I in the right career? I'm not certain.

What do I enjoy about my job now? It's art-related. It's finance-related. It's business-related. And I like the folks I work with. And lastest, the job is conformtable -- that is to say that I get a regular, dependable paycheck and medical benefits.

But could I like going back to the arts a bit more and hanging out my own shingle? It's too uncertain for me at the moment. For the moment though, it looks like I can quell the curiosity by taking back some of the arts and seeing where it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home