Sunday, August 27, 2006

Mid-Career Crisis, part 2

Well, it looks like for the time being, I am in the RIGHT career.

I'm under consideration for a promotion. I have been eyeing this job for a while since I've gotten comfortable with the current position and wanted some new challenges to keep me engaged (This sounds a little contradictorary to the previous post, but then again, I'm sorta clueless as to what I really want.). I've been working the networks and contacts like crazy to make sure that my name does come up for consideration and it looks like senior management has caught on! One point for me.

What does this new job mean? I'll be doing the same thing I am now, except it's a bigger area of responsibility with a completely different team in a whole new product category. And yes, it does come with a heftier paycheck.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home