Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

Exactly one year ago today, I started this blog hoping to be provide some discourse on all things. But somehow, life got a hold of me and well the postings were sporadic and so wide in scope that really no audience ever developed. So in the new year, I'll try to post more often, and on topics of interest to someone -- I don't know what that topic is just yet.

Other resolutions for the new year:
1. Plastic surgery. That's right folks, I've been thinking about having some work done to remove the scars on my face and make it look a little more youthful. Being gay and average looking is tough!
2. Lose some bodyfat. That's right folks, you didn't hear the word weight. I gain muscle very easily, but I need to lose about 2 inches off my waist and an 1 or so off the chest.
3. Get a swim instructor. It's more or less to achieve number 2 and also to finally learn how to swim properly.
4. Become more patient. I've come a long way since last year, but there is still more work to be done.
5. Get rid of the clutter. Okay, I'm a pack rat. I have things from 1996 that are still packed in boxes and have moved with me to 3 different cities and 6 different apartments. Do I really need the Mardi Gras beads from 1998. Yes, it's full of memories! And that date book planner from 1998. Do I really need it anymore? I'm sure none of those phone numbers really work anymore. It's emotional to let go. We'll see how far that goes.
6. Save up for a house. The market doesn't look any better this year, but I ginally make enough now to save up for a house, and I should start!
7. Hit the dating circuit again. This one was a tough one to put on this list. For 2 years, I've focused on my career and haven't really dated anyone. I'm also a commitment phoebe. It's a low priority. And notice it does not state find a boyfriend or settle down. But I think number 1 should go first, it'll help this one along.

So long for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home